A selection of powerful quotes from famous people of this world for Sunday evening.
1. Some people die at 25, but they are not buried until 75.
2. Most of us are not us. Our thoughts are other people's judgments; our life is mimicry; our passions - quote!
3. There are two possibilities: either we are alone in the universe, or not. Both are equally frightening.
4. The greats often faced fierce opposition from medieval minds.
5. Of the written or spoken words, there is no sadder: "So it could have been!"
John Greenleaf Whittier
6. I am not afraid of the one who studied 10, 000 different strokes; I am afraid of someone who has studied one beat 10, 000 times.
© Bruce Lee
7. If you gaze into the abyss for too long, the abyss begins to peer into you.
8. Don't let school get in the way of your education.
9. A person can die, nations can appear and disappear, but the idea lives on.
John F. Kennedy
10. There is not enough health to adapt to this deeply sick society.
11. Everyone dies, but not everyone truly lives.
12. All that is good, no doubt, is beautiful, and the beautiful cannot be alien to measure.
13. Some bring joy wherever they come, some wherever they go.
14. Have I defeated my enemy if I turned him into my friend?
15. To love means to recognize oneself in another.
16. Prejudice is rarely overcome by sound reasoning because it is not based on sound judgment and cannot be destroyed by logic.
17. If you want to build a ship, you don't have to call people, plan, divide work, get tools. It is necessary to infect people with the desire for the endless sea. Then they themselves will build the ship ...
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
18. Those who can give up freedom for the sake of safety are neither worthy of freedom nor safety.
19. When the last tree falls, when the last river dries up, when the last bird dies, when the last fish dies, only then will people understand that money cannot be eaten.
20. The source of fear is in your heart, not in the hands of the fearful one.
21. Do not trust anyone, unless it is someone you love very much or who loves you very much.
22. When I was five years old, my mother always told me that the key to life is happiness. When I went to school, I was asked what I want to become when I grow up. I wrote: "happy." They told me that I did not understand the assignment, and then I told them that they did not understand anything in life.
23. All geniuses. But if a fish is judged by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking that it is stupid.
24. The greatness of us as humans lies not so much in the ability to build the world again - this is the myth of the atomic age - but in the ability to change ourselves.
25. Man was not created to suffer defeat. A person can be destroyed, but he cannot be defeated.
26. In a society where everyone is guilty, the only crime is to be caught. In the world of thieves, the only deadly sin is stupidity.
27. The slogan of true democracy is not “Let the government do it”, but “Let us do it ourselves”.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
28. Even the path of a thousand li begins with the first step.
29. Man. He spends his health to make money. Then he spends money to restore his health. He waits for the future and does not enjoy the present; as a result, he does not live in the present or in the future. He lives as if he will never die, and dies without really living.
30. We are the generation of the strongest and smartest people who have ever lived. With potential that is wasted. An entire generation of gas station workers, white-collar slave waiters. Advertising makes us buy cars and rags. We work hard at jobs we hate to buy the shit we don't need. We are history's stepchildren. No purpose, no place. Neither the Great War nor the Great Depression fell to our lot. Our great war is spiritual. Our great depression is our existence. We were told on TV that one day we will become millionaires, movie and rock-sports stars, but this does not shine for us. Gradually it comes to us and infuriates, terribly infuriates.