Interesting facts about reading and about people who loved to read a lot, setting records and more and more goals.
1. M. Gorky read at a speed of four thousand words per minute.
2. Stalin read 400 pages a day, considering this to be his minimum norm.
3. T. Edison read 2-3 lines at once, memorizing the text almost in pages due to maximum concentration.
4. Fast reading results in less eye fatigue than slow reading.
5. 95% of people read very slowly - 180-220 words per minute (1 page for 1.5-2 minutes).
6. The level of comprehension with traditional reading is 60%, with fast reading - 80%.
7. Within an hour, the reader's eyes are fixed on the text for 57 minutes, that is, they are in relative rest.
8. Balzac read a 200-page novel in half an hour.
9. When reading, the eyes of the reader, looking at different letters, transmit a different image, but the brain still combines them into one picture.
10. Someone E. Gaon literally remembered 2500 books he had read.
11. The eyes of a person with average reading skills make 12-16 stops on one line of books, read quickly 2-4 stops.
12. N. A. Rubakin read 250 thousand books.
13. Schoolchildren have 20 regressive movements per line, students - 15.
14. Napoleon read at two thousand words per minute.