Rest in the country and hiking in nature can overshadow hordes of mosquitoes. How do you protect yourself from these vampires? There are a lot of methods and these are not only chemicals that are offered to us in retail chains. So let's remember the old, but effective methods of protection against bloodsuckers.
Mosquitoes, just like us, are sensitive to odors. But unlike us, they hate the smell of cloves, basil, eucalyptus and anise.
Intimidating agents include the smell of valerian and tobacco smoke. One hundred grams of camphor, evaporated over the burner, will get rid of flies and mosquitoes even in very large rooms.
2. In the old days, a decoction of wheatgrass roots, one of the most common weeds, was used to scare away mosquitoes and other bloodsucking insects.
3. You can use finely chopped fresh leaves and flowers of bird cherry or basil.
4. Repels mosquitoes and the smell of cloves, basil, anise and eucalyptus. Any of the oils of these plants can be used for protection - it is enough to lubricate open areas of the skin, or drop the oil into cologne (5-10 drops), as well as on a fire source - in a fireplace, a fire, on a candle or a heated frying pan. Moisten a cotton swab with the oil of these plants and put it on the windowsill.
5. Tea tree oil can also be used as a repellent, and it also helps with stings.
6. Plant an elderberry or a bed of tomatoes under the windows of your country house. Bring fresh elderberry branches into the rooms, they scare away mosquitoes in the same way as the smell of tomato leaves.
7. If you decide to sit out in nature, boil a samovar on pine or spruce cones, or throw slightly dried juniper needles into the fire.
8. An old folk remedy against mosquitoes - Persian, Dalmatian or Caucasian chamomile (also known as feverfew). Dried inflorescences, stems and leaves of these types of chamomile, ground into powder, infect the nerve cells of insects. It is enough to spread a few bunches of chamomile around the apartment or house, and you will be rid of mosquitoes for a week.
9. The smell of cedar nut oil repels not only mosquitoes, but also flies and cockroaches.
10. Not a single insect touches your face if you wash your face with a decoction of wormwood roots. It is simple to prepare the broth: a handful of chopped roots are poured with one and a half liters of water, brought to a boil and insisted.
If you have already been bitten
* Itching from a mosquito bite can be removed with a solution of baking soda (0.5 teaspoon per glass of water), ammonia (half with water) or a pale pink solution of potassium permanganate.
* Places of bites can be greased with kefir or yogurt.
* Lightly mashed fresh leaves of bird cherry, plantain, parsley or mint relieve pain and itching from a bite well.
* And do not forget about the good old balm "Zvezdochka". By the way, it also perfectly repels mosquitoes.
Fumigator hand made
When you run out of liquid for an electric fumigator, do not rush to the store for a replacement unit. Pour 100% eucalyptus extract (!) Into an empty bottle. Mosquitoes will forget their way to your home.
Yellow color - no passage!
Some fighters against flying bloodsuckers argue that mosquitoes hate yellow. So, leaving for the country, in the forest, on the river, look for clothes of a suitable color scheme.
Note - Mosquitoes LOVE BLONDS
1. They "love" women more than men. And among the fairer sex, those who have come on dangerous days for conception - from the 13th to the 18th day of the cycle, and are already pregnant.
2. Insects catch the "aroma" of bad cholesterol, therefore, with appetite, they "eat" obese people, hearts with atherosclerosis.
3. If you offer a mosquito to choose from a brunette or a blonde, then a blonde, albeit dyed, will bite. Scientists have not yet found an explanation for this fact.
4. British biologists have found that temperamental people suffer from bloodsucking insects several times more often than sexually cold people. High levels of sex hormones (testosterone in men, estrogen in women) increases the attractiveness of the victim in the eyes of a mosquito.
5. Most of all mosquitoes are attracted to children with their thin skin and adults who sweat a lot. Do not wear dark clothes on children: it is dark, not light, clothes that attract mosquitoes.